A major task of the National Europass Centre Croatia (NEC Croatia), as an integral unit of the Agency for Mobility and EU Programmes, is the implementation, coordination and promotion of the Europass initiative at national level.
The National Europass Centre Croatia was established on 1 January 2011 with full participation of the Republic of Croatia in the Lifelong Learning Programme.
National Europass Centres are responsible for the coordination and promotion of all activities from the Europass inititative at national level. Their work is coordinated by the European Commission and the European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training (CEDEFOP) with a seat in the Greek city of Thessaloniki, which has participated actively in the implementation of all segments of the initiative.
The main objectives of National Europass Centres are encouraging mobility and lifelong learning of European citizens thanks to documents developed within the Europass initative through the following activities:
- harmonisation and management, in order to facilitate access to the Europass documents and make their application more efficient;
- promotion and information, in order to increase a number of users and communication effect in terms of advantages of this portfolio of documents.
An important role related to the work of National Europass Centres is efficient service to citizens and institutions. A key element is the availability of information on the Europass initative, its advantages and formal frameworks.
Therefore, the role of Europass centres may be viewed through their direct role regarding two major objectives related to the support of mobility among European citizens, as follows:
- coordination, management;
- information, communication, promotion.
National Europass Centres also play an indirect role regarding other specific objectives related to the implementation of the Europass initiative.
It is expected that successful implementation of the initiative by national centres would result in developing of the additional documents in order to encourage relevant transparency in the area of mobility and lifelong learning.
Successful cooperation among the national centres and institutions for lifelong career guidance, in the course of harmonised implementation of the Europass framework, should upgrade the system of providing information on the issues related to transparency and mobility.
Clear and comprehensive management and access to the documents have been achieved as follows:
- the Europass documents are available in the electronic form to all potential users;
- they are either issued by authorised institutions or available independently, e.g. on the Europass website in the corresponding language, so Croatian citizens are referred to the website of the National Europass Centre Croatia at www.europass.hr.
It is important to mention that in addition to fulfilling the aforementioned objectives, the National Europass Centre Croatia acts as a national partner in the European framework of peer institutions.